Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, September 28, 2012

Encouraging fitness through simple challenges


When I was much younger and running on the track (many many moons ago) our coach used to always get us to run one more lap or one more repetition each time. Sometimes this would seem like torture and we would be retching in the rarefied air at altitude but we did it anyway as he was the coach and knew best.

This week one of my friends who I have been helping with his fitness asked me to set a simple challenge for him to complete. After racking my brains a lot I came up with the task of him just aiming to complete one extra session at the gym the following week. I knew he had been attending 3 sessions in the week and felt that was enough, but since I know that he has time to fit in an extra one, I challenged him to do that.

He has accepted this simple challenge and we shall see how he goes next week. Daily exercise is full of simple challenges that we can one another to motivate one another to live a healthy and happy life.

Running together (while setting and meeting simple challenges), stride for stride on a life changing ride!-- Sean Muller 

No comments:

Post a Comment