Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, September 8, 2012

Seeing real change

This morning while out on my run I happened to bump into a group of people I had randomly met and spoken to while running last year. Those that know me know that I randomly speak to people while out running - builds a sense of community and you get to know others that share a passion for your sport.

One of the ladies in the group had appeared to have lost a fair bit of weight and was looking really good. She commented that me sharing my story of weightloss with her had led her to persevering with the running and joining a spinning group at her gym. Well I am just blown away and extremely humbled that my simple story could have motivated this lady to actually turn her own situation around and get fitter. Her boyfriend even commented that her whole attitude towards things had flipped around and that their friend circle was now based around those interested in keeping fit, healthy and running. They also recounted how they have started entering more events and are finding joy in completing different distances. Again a wonderful achievement by them!

Running together (while hearing good stories of healthy positive change) - stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment