Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, November 12, 2012

A new friend to run with


This morning as I was out running through the park at 5am I heard the panting of someone behind me. Now not being fully light yet I was on my guard as to who it could be.
Curiosity eventually got the better of me and turned round to find that my suspected mugger was in fact a border Collie out for its own run and tailing me. The dog set a handy pace and appeared to quite be enjoying its little jaunt around the park to the point that it must have run close to 5KM with me. It had clearly done this sort of thing previously.
Then just as I was trying to decipher what I would do with it if it were to follow me all the way home, it disappeared on its merry way.
One could say that its adventure had ended, but then again one could say that its adventure had only started. As the saying goes - On the run there is no finish line.
Running together (while being urged on by stray dogs), stride for stride on a life changing ride. -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment