Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, November 16, 2012

The power of human kindness


This morning while out on my run I twice witnessed the power of the human kindness in action.

At first there was a gentleman out for his morning walk who chose to shield a young lady from the morning rain with his umbrella as she made her way from her exercise boot camp back to her car in the park. Many complain that chivalry is dead and others still maintain that now that men and women are on equal footing on all levels that this sort of thing should not even be happening.

Personally I prefer to just see it as the kindness of one person towards another.

The second act that I witnessed was on completion of my run I headed to a nearby cafe for a morning coffee and some toast. It turned out that I was 10c short and the young lady behind the counter was willingly to reach in to the tip jar and remove the coin to help me out. Similarly another lady coming from her gym workout also volunteered to help me out. Now naturally I was highly embarrassed and didn’t wish to accept this token however small as times as tough for everyone.

They waved away my protestations and I was soon on my way with my coffee and toast in hand. Another fine example of the kindness of the human spirit.

Now naturally tomorrow when I pass by I shall return the 10c to the tip jar with a little extra just to keep the harmony sweet in the world.

Running together (while keeping harmony sweet in the world), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller 

No comments:

Post a Comment