Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, November 2, 2012

Bucking the trend of - I can'ts

This morning I was happily out on my Friday run when I happened to strike up a conversation with a beginner at the park. His first utterance was 'I can't run 7KM'. I replied with 'Let's see how you get on'. 

Long story short and 7KM later he was just fine as we parted ways. I could see as I ran on that he was just pleased as punch with himself and rightly so. He had managed to conquer something that he believed was impossible. All of this before 7am in the morning. 

We just never know what we can achieve until we try. All to often the words 'I can't ' should be substituted for 'I am unwilling to try'. 

Running together (while encouraging folks to conquer fears), stride for stride on a life changing ride. -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment