Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, November 19, 2012

Tai chi and the run


This morning while out on my run, I witnessed something which at first seemed a little out of the ordinary but then the more I thought about it the more ordinary it became in my mind.

I saw a bloke practicing tai chi and passed him twice on my park loops. The third time round he had started running and was moving at a particularly good pace. His action was very smooth and he looked completely in control of things and totally in the zone.

Once we were level with one another I struck up a conversation by commenting on his tai chi moves. He replied by saying that he felt they were integral for helping to get his mind and body ready for the run ahead.

Overall he said that they also helped with balance and improving that which as we runners know is integral to achieving success on the run.

While I am not adverse to doing a little tai chi myself, I have never witnessed anyone doing it prior to running. Makes sense though when you think that mental enhancements assist with physical enhancements.

What are your thoughts?

Running together (while practicing tai chi), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment