Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An old friend

The first run back this morning was only a very short 30 minutes on the treadmill only at about 5.40 km, but still I enjoyed it and am so grateful to the doctor who treated me as well as to everyone from AIS, my higher power and all the people who have emailed in their support. The power of the human spirit and the kindness out there in the world has just really touched me.

I am feeling very positive about the future. Everything for a reason and I now know that the body was telling me that it needed rest, but my greed got the better of me and I ran regardless. Never ceases to amaze me how running has the power to teach me so much that can apply to the rest of my life as well.

Man’s greatest freedom, man’s greatest liberator – I greet you once again like an old friend as I move forward. You see friends running is never just the act of putting one foot in front of the other, it is the moving towards and the choosing of a better life.

May your run greet you tomorrow as mine did to me this morning. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment