Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, September 3, 2010

Weight stabilisation

Paleo eating is going well. Heaps of energy and no flagging through the day.

As I mentioned previously I have been cheating a little bit by drinking organic milk and taking the Sustagen sports mix. I have also been eating oats, which I am sure were not around during caveman days.

Water, green tea and isikiate have completely replaced any soft drinks or juices that may have been lingering around in the background, again with no ill effects. Alcohol is long gone.

Thinking is clearer, sleep much deeper and general well-being improved. Resting pulse has climbed abit from 36 to now 39. Not that I am worried as going back to work and not doing as much running will ensure it naturally comes off a bit.

This morning I weighed in at 66kgs and although this is the lightest that I have been since I can remember, the strength has not suffered.

I believe the weight loss to be attributed to the thrice weekly saunas that I am having, as well as the shift in traditional eating protocols and rather eating salads for breakfast and oats for dinner.

I never thought that I would have the discipline to remain as committed to this, but it has stuck and I fully intend to continue. The way I see this the more of us eating Paleo, the lower the cost of chia and other seeds and the better the well being of the world.

Try Paleo for two weeks – the body will thank you, the mind will thank you and the soul will reward you. Hell you may never go back – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment