Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spotting another runner

Marathon runners just know one another it would seem.

The reasons why I say this is that I have been stopped in the road by numerous people today asking about the Sydney Marathon. They just know instinctively that I am a kindred of theirs and able to share in their excitement and enthusiasm for man’s greatest freedom.

Now don’t get me wrong I am more than happy to help them any way that I can and also provide ideas, drink coffees etc etc etc. It just amazes me how we are able to spot each other.

The weather today is amazing and clear skies with a high of 21c. Tomorrow for the Sydney marathon we are due to have cloudy skies and high of 19c. As anyone who knows anything about the science of running, those temps are ideal for producing really good times and I am looking forward to loads of personal records and also friends smashing their times tomorrow.

A sneaky part of me still wants to get out of bed tomorrow and run the course with the other marathoners (last night I ran it in my head over and over and I know the course like the back of my hand), but I know that the best place for me is at the finish line feeding positive energy to those that cross the line.

For those readers outside of Australia, I encourage you to visit in September to run the Sydney Marathon. Granted there are flatter courses on the planet, but there is no better way to see this beautiful city than to run across the Harbour Bridge and finish at the Opera House.

I don’t know what has come over me as I feel more excitement now than when I have run the race the past 4 years. To be working at the finish line and have this great opportunity to give back to a sport that has given me so much is something that I think I will cherish as much as running itself.

Quite frankly I can’t wait – I can’t wait! I’m so glad to be alive!! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment