Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, October 7, 2012

Running even when you intend not to


This morning I had not planned to run at all. With the clocks going forward for daylight savings time, I had fully intended to try and get as much sleep as I possibly could and then get in a gym work out instead. But as the saying goes - the best laid plans of mice and men.

The sun was up when I woke and figured it would be a shame not to at least get out and spend some quality time in it, I headed out and thought I would only do a lazy 6K and then my gym workout.

The 6 turned into 13K and I felt great as a result of getting it done. Seems as if even when I fully intend not to run, my body somehow still wants to do it. Noakes has written about this being the sub conscious governor being in  control and knowing that it likes the feeling of the endorphins it gets from the run and to me that makes perfect sense really.

Running together (while not even intending to run), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment