Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The old pair of runners


Over the weekend I was clearing out some old clothing for charity and came across that one thing that all runners have in their closets. The old pair of shoes that you should have parted with already months previously - the ones well past their use by date, but the ones that you have a particular affection for never the less.

Although I don’t really subscribe to the life of a shoe - I believe that all of this is marketing on behalf of the shoe makers, this particular pair however had not only done many kilometres but also many a game of park soccer and general muck around. Time to trade them in.

As I placed them in the charity bin, I felt a little sad as we had shared many journeys together. But then just as suddenly I began to think about who might possibly be the next recipients of them.

Would they also have a passion for running? Would they be quicker than me?

To me it is fascinating to dwell for a while on this, but in reality wherever they end up, that person will no doubt have a much greater need for them than me.

Running together (while sharing old running shoes), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment