Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, October 4, 2012

Using cross training recovery


This morning I reacquainted myself with the swim as a means of recovery and cross training. This is something that I had been neglecting for some time now.

Those that know me well know that swimming was indeed my first love and that the running and then distance running followed a way after that. I was never afraid of the water and would seek out and jump into almost any body of the stuff that I could.

Days of competitive swimming have waned, but I still advocate the use of the pool and more so the ocean to those I assist with their training as a means of recovery and recuperation. It is not only the different muscle groups that get utilised, but also the fact that one gets to mix in the training in hot and cold environments to assist in the repairing of the minor muscle tears.

Verdict - swimming thumbs up!

Running together (while using cross training recovery), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment