Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, October 31, 2010

Alternate methods

This morning I tried some drills for the very first time in ages and found that some of the newer ones that I had learned of provided some almost instant changes. I will continue to try them out and experiment and will share with readers any changes that I are experienced.

In the past I have done a fair bit of bounding and find that this helps- in particular when done uphill. Note though that none of the drills and plyometrics should be done without at first doing your short walk and run warmup and stretch routine. Remember that our aim is to increase cadence and power, but to minimise the risk of injury at the same time.

I was also sceptical of how much these sorts of drills could actually help, but have found for someone like myself, they are good when weaved into recovery days of training. They help to balance any time spent in the pool or on the bike and are an important part of me improving my techniques.

I would be interested in hearing about any experiences that you may have with regards to improving cadence and power (regardless of your event).
Running together (and beating obesity) – Stride for stride on a life changing ride.—Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment