Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, October 23, 2010

Super Saturday Part 2

This morning I woke to another fantastic sunny day and intent on completing my 30 minute run off I headed to the track. There was a cricket match going on and instead I decided then to head out on to the road for my favourite 5.8km run. This was not in the plan, but I am glad that I did it. I had a quick word with my myself and my higher power and upped the pace slightly. 1km in and no pain and travelling well. 2km still no pain and travelled up a small hill well. From then on the kms just melted into one another and I finished up in 22.40. Slightly faster than what I had hoped for, but man alive did it feel good to be out there and loving life.

I had promised myself that I would not push things for another couple of weeks yet, and will slack back for tomorrow’s effort, but sometimes when you are feeling good it is just time to go with the flow and not let anything hold you back.

I am now working towards a full come back over the next three weeks and have even targeted a 10km event in New Zealand when I am out there in early December. Won’t be for a killer time, just for having that experience of running in an event again. They also have a 100km event on the day, so will probably volunteer to crew for some of the folks involved in that one as don’t have the fitness or inclination to do 100km while on this holiday.

Whatever you do today do it as best you can.

Keep believing – Keep achieving. Stride for stride on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment