Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Why do others run

Last night I was out with friends and was referred to as an evangelist for my work in helping to motivate and get people up and active. That is a label that I will happily take as I think that we need as many people as possible out there working to motivate and get people off the couch and out the door.


I was buoyed by the amount of people who were out running this morning despite the heat. Many of them were clearly very out of shape and it led me to thinking why they were running. From the strained expressions on their faces, they were not running for the enjoyment factor. But I suppose who does really care why they were running. The fact remains that they were running and that in itself is better than them staying indoors and contributing to the obesity problem that has infiltrated our society.

I hope to see those people and many more out running again tomorrow.

I would be interested to hear from readers what motivates them to run.

Stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment