Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, February 15, 2014

Falling in love on the run

Love is a beautiful thing indeed. But sometimes (nay many times it can be downright frustrating or infuriating). I swore that this would never happen again. I was going to be tough and after being hurt so many times in the past, I would feel nothing in terms of intimate love for any lady (and definitely not one I've trained with in the past). This would ensure I wasn't hurt, but here I am again and have completely fallen for just such a lady. Her smile is sunshine and her laugh that of a songbird. In her company life feels complete and whole. Yet it seems destined not to be and I don't know how to change it. Perhaps I am just friend material and a relationship is beyond me. I don't know.

I'm too old for games and nonsense. I just want a quiet life and someone to smile and laugh with, someone to have fun with to just be my geeky self around. Why does life have to be this complex? Still I'm blessed to at least have her in my life and even if we never get together, it is always better to have loved and put it out there and been turned down.

Unreciprocated love is better than no love at all. It makes one crazy at times and rips out your insides, but still staying true to yourself and others and respecting their feelings and wishes (even when they change from time to time) is how I'll continue to be.

Life goes on. Keep on living and loving. Keep on running. Stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

2 comments:

  1. Sam I'm sorry that it seems like it won't work out with this lady, especially since you have so much to offer. Have you made your feelings known to her, or are you just assuming she's not interested in a relationship? If you haven't asked, what's stopping you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. I've put it out there. It's just life really and I suppose that's also the beauty of it. You never know who or what will walk into your life and for what reason. Just got to stay true to yourself and in the end everything will work out as it should.

    ReplyDelete