Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, February 1, 2014

Now you see it... Now you don't ...

It is said that only when we are truly pushed to the edge in training or racing and stripped bare of everything that we discover things we didn't know about ourselves. We learn about what is inside our soul. We see that which we normally wouldn't (or cannot see). We find out what it is that truly makes us tick. Our battle mantra and reason for life. We rethink our ways even.

I'm not even sure who reads my ramblings on here, but as you know this is where I post some controversial and out there stuff including good bits of advice. It's an outlet for some of the things that happen in my life on the run (those able to be explained and those not).

I know that I'm a bit crazy and unusual, quirky, wear my heart on my sleeve at times and have some out there behaviours, but today I felt as though I was going round the bend abit.

When venturing on my 36k bush run in the heat I encountered for the very first time some brief occasions when I saw things that were blatantly not there. I didn't bother to mention this to my running mates as we were all taking a little strain in the heat and no one wants to be thought of as being crazy particularly when you are trying to reach a goal target.

The Native American warrior I saw hopping over the rocks - was he there? Was he not? I don't know and I don't know if I'll see him again. I saw him a few years while out on an early morning run near Manly. Who knows where he has been? Who knows where my brain was thins morning. More than likely I was dehydrated and my brain cooking. Perhaps he'll return and perhaps not.

I'd be curious to find out if anyone else has had these moments?

Look after yourself. Look after your mates. Be kind to yourself!

Running together, while experiencing different things. Stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment