Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, February 8, 2014

How different would life have turned out?

Being the literary nerd that I am, I'm always thinking about books and plots as well as about the fascinating stories that people have to share. One of my first teachers said to me that we have at least one book in us and that has stuck with me ever since. Life and a life on the run is fascinating. Many people think that their story is boring, but to many others it may be fascinating and inspiring and just the thing that that person may want to hear at that point in their life.

I sometimes think how my life would have panned out if I'd made different decisions along the way. I do firmly believe that everything is for a reason and that we all have our own path to walk in life, but what would have happened if I'd stayed in the UK? What would have happened if I'd stayed in Africa? And... Indeed what would happen if I were to move back to either of those places or to another place on earth. Would I still be running or training, would I have bothered to shift the weight I have and would I have changed my life?

It's weird really because I don't have any family ties or relationship ties tying me to Sydney or Australia, so a move shouldn't be that hard in theory, but I've also met some pretty amazing people here and moving can be taxing the first couple of years again.

I suppose life is just a great big adventure and worth rolling with the punches for after all you never know what or who could walk into your life at any point along the way and that's the beauty of things.

Running together (while pondering the mysteries of life), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment