Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saying hello - being polite!

This morning's training session revealed another of my pet hates in life - rudeness. How many times have you been out and about running and greeted other runners or even just pedestrians and been greeted back  with blank stares or even offensive gestures or foul language.

Now in a big city like Sydney I understand that there are many tourists and some don't or won't speak English while a certain portion of people may also be deaf or too stoned or drunk from the night before to want to bother, but it really can't be everyone that is in the same boat really.

I was pondering this morning if it was because I perhaps looked weird or stalkeresque, but I look like a bog standard runner really and have even been described as boring and run of the mill looking, so why then do people refuse to greet me.

I'd be interested to hear any experiences you may have had in this regard to as I don't want to sound overly negative.

Running together (while greeting others), stride for stride on a life changing ride. -- Sean Muller.

No comments:

Post a Comment