Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, February 23, 2014

The different forms of winning!

Winning comes in many different shapes and forms.

In the past I enjoyed participating in sport for the sheer selfish pleasure of winning and bringing whatever glory that meant to myself and my team mates. Since my competitive days are behind me, nothing beats hearing about those that have done well and succeeded through a range of hard work and training, self belief and mental strength.

Today was just such a day when a really close friend stood up to a great athletic challenge, overcame it and stood on her own mountain. I am immensely proud of her as she is one of the most phenomenal individuals I know but often doesn't see this herself.

Hearing how she executed her race plan perfectly, I'm so incredibly awe inspired and motivated to draw on some of her strength in my upcoming Six Foot Track Marathon.

Hearing about her success suddenly makes any selfish wins and records that I have produced completely insignificant.

Running together (while drawing inspiration from others achievements), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment