Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, February 3, 2014

So tonight I am doing something completely unheard of in posting two entries in one day. I just got a message through from one of my readers (yay people are still reading!!) asking me when I was going to pickup the mood in my posts somewhat with the perception that I was being anti love and all doom and gloom with regards to relationships.

This has not been my intention at all. My ethos still remains positivity, possibility and passion in life.

I still firmly believe that there can be no stronger bond formed between two people in a relationship if they share common interests and if those interests include exercise and running then that is a very positive start to things.

The point I was trying to make over the last couple of posts is that I haven't found that yet. It's out there I know as I see it around me in my training groups all the time. I'm still a massive believer and a big softie when it comes to seeing couples out training together. Such a beautiful sight to see two people not only in love but also enjoying doing things that they both love together.

Another point to make is that it's also okay to be single and I think one quality relationship is far better than having many superficial relationships that you try and nurture. It's akin to social media and people bragging about having 5000 'friends'. How many of these are one time acquaintances and how many of these are occasional drinking buddies versus how many would they feel comfortable calling on to help them when in a tight jam or when something truly disastrous were to happen.

So despite friends best efforts and constant encouragement I won't be getting on Tinder to find a relationship. I'll just continue being Sam and living life on the run just as I am.

I'm having a ramble - it's been a random 48hours. Keep running.

Be positive, look after yourself, your mates and ultimately your heart. Life is good friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment