Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day two of the challenge

So day two in the Live Below the Line Challenge began this morning with a quick 10KM run. Not sure how quick I was going as chose to run without a watch (these are often the best runs). Need to keep up the exercise

Breakky consisted of oats and milk and throwing my 3 slices of bread into my bag I headed off to work. Everyone was keen to find out ‘If I was dying’... Obviously these folk are clueless to the fact that even if I was starving myself to death, it would take a little while before I would drop down dead.

Then came the comment of the day:

Sam to person x – ‘I am doing a $14 diet for the week’

Person x –‘So does that mean you are going to be drinking only protein shakes and the like...’

Since when does one see any homeless or poor people drinking protein shakes? I had to shake my head and exit myself from that conversation.

Lunch was pre prepared pasta with lentils, mixed veggies and some of the tomato paste. A true realisation of this came over me as I saw so many carting in their $10 or $15 lunches from outside while I sat there eating the equivalent of 50c. Just how much money had I wasted in the past? How much could I not only have saved, but also been able to channel into other pathways in my life? Can’t change the past, but certainly can shape the future. Onwards and upwards

Dinner tonight was some lentil soup. Certainly not gourmet, but I think to myself that the starving would love to have this and I have to be appreciative of what I have in life. This will definitely be going on my gratitude list for the day.

Vitals for the day:

Resting pulse – 46 (climbing and not sure why)

Weight – 70.5KG

Energy levels good on the run this morning and through the day

No headaches

Thanks again for all those that have expressed support and sent through recipes and the like. Very much appreciated.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment