Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, July 23, 2011

More equitable food prices

This week something amazing happened in Sydney with the launch of Costco as an alternative to Coles and Woolworths and other traditional supermarkets in Australia. Regardless of the model of having to buy in bulk, the Costco managed to cause some significant traffic delays due to consumers lining up to have a look and in many cases to stock up during tough economic times. While I have not supported Coles and Woolies in a long time (due to Aldi offering much better value), I still begrudge them having such a hold on the market and being able to charge pretty much anything they desire.

Since my $14 challenge a few weeks back, I have been in search of ways to bring down my cost of living and be able to channel greater funds into helping others and following my true passions and dreams. This I have thus far been managing quite successfully by being able to halve my weekly food bill and still eat great food. I can only think that the introduction to the Australian market of international giants like these can be good for prices and finally we might be paying a fair and equitable price for groceries and in line with what the rest of the developed world are paying.

Fingers crossed for further giants like Tesco and Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment