Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, July 28, 2011

Running and meditation

Setting aside time each day just for myself has been something integral that I have embraced over the past few years. With research saying that a mere 20 minutes of meditation can be equal to up to a 7 hour sleep, it makes sense to me to devote this small amount of time each day to clearing my mind, relaxing and just pausing to let things sink in. Mostly I devote some time at the start and completion of the day to self reflection and although this may sound slightly hippy and crazy to many, I also find that my main amount of mediation takes place on my morning run. I know the route so well now and just tend to let my mind wander into a state of focus while and float along – a double wammy really – keeping fit, doing what I love and completing my meditation.


I know that tomorrow will be better for my morning run and help to set up a good day for me. Try it next time you head out – just let the mind wander, let the legs take over and float over the earth.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride! Sean Muller

2 comments:

  1. Sean/Sam,

    Couldn't agree more. I've tried to capture some of the experiences and tips I've discovered over the years in combining running and meditation. Feel free to take a look and add your thoughts at:
    http://meditationontherun.blogspot.com/

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, everyone should do meditation, good for us.

    ReplyDelete