Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rudeness: No place for it in Running or life!

This morning I experienced one of the absolute heights of rudeness and something that has left me quite stunned.


A person who I had helped out in the past and was friends with phoned me up to want to quiz me about running programs and setting them up and the usual training type questions (How do I get quicker etc etc?). Like most people, said person wanted the easy way out and when I pointed out that the only proven way to get quicker over all distances is by running quicker in training and that by decreasing your 5 and 10KM times, this would invariably allow your marathon times to come down, I was shouted down and told that my methods were wrong...

I struggle to think why anyone would ask my opinion if they are then not going to allow me to finish and instead will tell me that the information I am giving freely to them is stupid and a waste.

I am quite annoyed by all of this as I would not even think to treat a worst enemy in that way. At least let someone say their piece to completion during a phone call – at least that is the way my parents raised me to have good manners.

This conversation also got me thinking about manners in general and that they don’t cost anything and yet lack of them can offend someone immensely. Something I always make sure I am mindful of.

Running together (while embracing impeccable manners) – stride for stride on a life changing ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment