Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, July 7, 2011

Four down three to go!

Day four of the Living below the line challenge began with one and half hour session of plyometrics, weights and bike at the gym. Thus far energy levels have been maintained, although I am finding that I miss my daily fruit and raw veggies that I usually take into the office for snacks. My mates from the gym also have a ritual Thursday morning coffee and toast session post gym and this morning I just looked longingly on at their coffees, but I know that I must remain disciplined.

Meals throughout the day were more of the same, breakky – oats and milk, lunch – pasta with veggies and lentils and dinner the left over pumpkin mash.

I am in the home straight so to speak with three days remaining and on my 10KM run this evening, I realised just how lucky I am to be able to not only be running but also to be enjoying my life immensely and being in a fortunate enough position that I don’t have to queue up outside the soup kitchen like the poor souls down the road from my offices.

On another note, today with the assistance of so many generous souls (many who I don’t even know), I broke through the $500 goal that I had set for fundraising. I had no idea that this would even be possible. Thank you.

Vitals for the day:

 Waking pulse – 43

 Weight – 69KGs (loss of 2KGs but 69 is my racing weight)

 Energy levels normal

 Sleep patterns normal

 General feeling that food is sufficient in nutrition levels, but slightly bored of eating the same sort of thing.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment