Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

No meat athletes?

So many lessons were learned during my recent $2 Live below the Line Challenge and indeed even more importantly over $600 kindly donated to crucial poverty beating charities.

I post the link to my fundraising page yet again as so many people have asked if they can still donate something and the answer is that they can, yet the fundraising ceases on 15 July 2011.

Personally I had attained a much clearer appreciation for the food that I eat and also managed this week to half my food bill while really thinking a whole bunch about what I eat and whether I really need something or not before buying it. Following on from the lead of Em and others, I have taken the step to greater vegetarianism (I have not eaten a great deal of Red meat in the past few years), but I am feeling alot lighter on my runs. This evening was a real pleasure.

Does anyone have any experience in no meat running and what are the best things to eat to sustain a long distance runner? I would really be interested in hearing some more about this.

Running together (while running on plants) – Stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

1 comment:

  1. Start with Googling Scott Jurek, he's a vegan (a step too far for me! I like cheese too much), I am sure you know who he is.

    On my blog there is a tab called "food", there are few good quick and easy recipes there that you may want to try - www.emruns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete