Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday update

So Friday began with the usual bog standard 6KM time trial over my favourite course near my flat. We all have a route that although it may not be our favourite, it is one that we often run as a way of ticking a box – this morning I ran my box tick route. Given the hills involved and the fact that I may encounter red lights and also given that I am usually still a little asleep, if I get anywhere near 4 mins/KM I am happy. This morning everything went reasonably well and I came home for 23.50 which is a pretty good start to the day.


Energy levels suddenly (and for no explainable reason) rocketed and whipped up breakky (oats and milk) and then an early start into the office.

Lunch more of the same, pasta, lentils and veg. The can of tuna remains untouched and will be kept behind for a treat either tonight or on the weekend.

Vitals today:

> Weight – 69KG (stable)

> Pulse on waking – 44

> Energy levels stable

> Sleep patterns still normal

> No explanation for the sudden burst of energy this morning.

Exercise for the day – 6KM run this morning and 1 hour weights and bike after work.

Going strong!

Running together – while doing 6KM time trials at dawn – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment