Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, August 26, 2010

As on the road, so to back into life

Yesterday I was asked about what characteristics an ultra runner would be able to bring to an organisation.

To some this may seem like a fairly stupid question to ask, but to me I think it has all the relevance in the world.

Perseverance, determination, never giving up and an ability to forge a path in tough circumstances are all words that I would use to describe the ultra runner. All qualities of extreme importance in life.

It is hard to describe to a non-runner how running improves my life and allows me to be a better human being. Perhaps I don’t need to though as people have made comments how my outlook has changed and become even more positive since I started the ultra distances. Some things are better left to our actions.

I put this down to the simple saying ‘The further I go on the road, the further I go inside my mind’. Sometimes there are places that are less welcoming than others and try to force negativity into my thinking, but it is all about getting through those places and reconnecting with the positives.

Keep running and keeping a positive outlook on life. – Sean Muller

1 comment:

  1. It's true, after a certain point, it's the mind that carries you, not the body. You have to have a strong mind to be a distance runner. You have to know how to get into the space.

    That's not to say that distance runners are better than anyone else. Maybe other people find different ways to get in that zone but for me personally, (and I don't run the distances you do) the commitment it takes to running my goal distances no matter what comes against me, spills out into my non running world too :)

    ReplyDelete