Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Changing the norm

Back to nutrition today – As most of you know I am following the Paleo eating plan as best as a I can.

I say, as best as I can as I have still been drinking milk which I know was not really around when prehistoric man was alive. I figure though as long as it is organic and not loaded with additives and sugars then it is fine by me.

Big changes for me have occured around what I eat at different times of day. Traditional breakfast has been turned on its head as I now have been trying fresh salads and nuts for brekkie. This is something that I also remember reading in ‘Born to Run’ and is something that the Turahumara people advocate.

Friends have looked at me as though I am weird, but in reality what I am doing is not disimilar to what they are doing. They eat their cornflakes or toast and vegemite and I have my salad – both have carbs and fibre, except that my carbs are slow burning. This helps me to stay wide awake through out the day.

Afternoon snacks – nuts or seeds with a glass of milk in place of choccie biscuits.

Another element that has not changed is Chia, Chia, Chia. Life changing stuff.

Give it a try and stay light all day and after all lighter goes faster and further.

Paleo eating - change your life – give yourself the need for speed. – Sean Muller

1 comment: