Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, August 16, 2010

Seeing the future

This morning I was joined by a young lady at the table I was using at my local library. She was studying for her final HSC year 12 examination which was to take place later in the day. We struck up a conversation about the subject she was studying (cultural studies..) – something that was not around when I was at school and the fact that she was nervous going into the exam.

I was impressed not only by her eloquence (clearly her parent’s money had been well spent on her private school education) but also by the sheer volume of sports achievement scrolls that she sported on her blazer. I had a few of these in my day, but nothing like the amount that this young lady did. Swimming, netball, tennis, athletics ... the list went on and on and down both sides of the front of her blazer. In fact had school extended for another year, I am sure she would have had to resort to putting them on the back of the blazer to.

It struck me in that moment that perhaps.. just maybe I might have been sharing some idle chatter with a future world champion and it made me just so dam glad to be alive and more intent to get up and help out with change ! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment