Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, August 6, 2010

Injury update 2

Final update from me on my shin injury.

My MRI done, I have been permitted to start running again if the pain is not there or is not too severe. This weekend I plan to be on the line at the City to Surf and have pledged that this will be the last time that I compete in that event.

I have been completely disillusioned with the corporate greed associated with the race. Having thought that there might be a strong possibility that I would not run the event a few weeks back, I proceeded to write to the events team and requested that they donate my entry to a charity of my choice (Can Too).

I was told that they do not do such things (despite plugging the charity aspect of the event). They outlined that I would receive for my entry fee, Gatorade, water, the medal and the chance to run. This quite frankly is a feeble excuse as all the drinks are donated by the sponsors so they are free and the medal costs about 50 cents and quite frankly they can keep it as I have so many already. Plus I was not running so I was getting zero.

When I pointed this out to them, they did not seem to have an answer. This I find to be very disappointing and so this year will be my last as the spirit seems to have been lost abit in the greed. As one friend pointed out it is not a run, but a three ring circus.

Enjoy if you are running on Sunday and try and spread some love in the event. Come and say hi if you are running from the green pack. I will aim for a comfortable jog through in under 70min. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment