Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, August 19, 2010

Running and mentoring

I have befriended over the past few years a young bloke who works at the shop where I buy my running shoes. He is super knowledgeable and a really good runner who knocks out frequent really quick 10k times.

I had not popped in to see him in some time now since I have acquired a supplier in the UK which ships my shoes for about $100 less (including the shipping) than what they are in Sydney shops. Now I know that we are supposed to be supporting Aussie business etc etc, but in tight economic times, $100 is alot of money on one pair of shoes and it makes me wonder just how much mark-up retailers here are making?

Today I went into to say hi and found that he is now working full time at the shop and had deferred his studies in order to help his folks out with some of the finances. It struck me what a selfless thing this was to do, but then since I have met this bloke, he definitely lives and runs with the spirit of korima that I mentioned a while back. Doing good not because you expect good back, but because it is the right thing to do.

Not sure yet how I can do it, but will add him to the list of younger folks that I am mentoring and helping and encourage you to also seek out similar individuals with immense potential and the right ideas, but only in need of some assistance from a few sources.

Keep running – and mentoring and spreading goodwill. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment