Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Contextualising as runners

Firstly sorry for the late post – I was busy volunteering and hopefully making a difference.

You know that things are getting read, when people start to email you about the lack of content. This is fantastic once again that such an interest is being paid in what for all intents and purposes was started to try to be able to help just one or two people. Here we go while my eggs and soup are cooking...

Today I was reminded of the importance of reframing as a runner and a member of society. I overheard someone at lunch whinging about the fact that they had to go for a run as part of their personal training group.

I thought to myself how much I was itching to go for a run now that my ankle is feeling better – I am going to listen though and rest the full 6 weeks, but thought how lucky and blessed this young lady should feel to have the opportunity to go out and enjoy man’s greatest freedom during her lunch hour.

It is so sad that in a world where we have many who can’t share in the beauty of running – not because of temporary injury but through other unfortunate circumstances, that we have others who seem not to know how blessed they truly are.

Keep running and not taking it for granted – keep doing good things and keep winning in life. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment