Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, August 14, 2010

The good neighbourliness of runners

Thank you to all who have sent through messages of goodwill and offers of help to assist me in recovering more quickly since I reported on my injury problems yesterday.

It is not the end of the world and a chance for me to pursue my coaching ambitions and to get more involved in side issues that I wanted to get involved with for so long. Life is just so good to all of us and how good is it that we as a running and triathlon community can come together in forums such as this and discuss how to improve lives and help each other and others.

I was even more pleased to be able to develop a new friendship on the start line of the recent City to Surf. This young lady informed me yesterday that she ran her personal best time over the course, despite worrying that she had not trained. This is amazing and I am really thrilled for her.

The power of positivity is never to be underestimated and I was reminded of this in an email this morning, as well as by a story told to me by the same friend.

She told me about a football team who were so confident and positive of a good outcome that even if they were down on the scoreboard at half time, they would proceed to talk the other team out of the game by saying things like ’30 minutes till we beat you’ and then ’25 minutes till we beat you’ etc etc. You see they knew in their heart of hearts that they would end up on top when the final whistle went.

Now I don’t advocate nastiness or trash talk in running, but I am adopting this attitude with regards to my injury set back now.

Let the clock tick ... Five weeks and 6 days till I can run again! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment