Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, August 8, 2010

City to Surf 2010

Despite my earlier grumbling and muttering about corporate greed and the lack of personal touch by the City to Surf folks, I was not about to let them just have my money and since they were not going to give it to charity, I hauled myself out of bed and went to take part in the race.

My goal was to enjoy as I don’t think that I will be back again next year.

80000 people lined up to take part (way too many if you ask me) and away we went. I had been placed in the group that was scheduled to run between 75-100mins for the 14km. This was due to the fact that I was overseas when the race opened and did not manage to get into any of the quicker groups.

Long story short, I enjoyed the run and cruised in to record a time of just under an hour. Good luck to the race organisers who were spruiking the idea of 100 000 people in a few years time.

I have included my Garmin graph below for this interested in the event. I would say it is worth doing if you are in Sydney on holiday at the time it is run, but once is more than enough. – Sean Muller

1 comment:

  1. What a sad sad attitude! Where is the community spirit young Sean?
    I happen to believe it is the best event in the country, thanks to excellent organisation, amazing participation from runners, walkers and spectators as well as the quality of the course - a fast start, a gruelling challenging middle, and a spectacular finish. What more could you want?

    ReplyDelete