Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Running in the rain

Running in the rain , just running in the rain... Almost launched into song there, but then anyone who knows me knows that singing is probably not my strongest skill and so I will refrain.

Headed off for a nice 6km recovery run today in the cool rain that we have been having. Nothing better than a run in the rain. Something uniquely cleansing about it.

Having grown up in an area where big electric storms occur, I find these conditions to also be very dramatic and used to relish playing sport in storms during my school days.

It was so good to be out and about enjoying mans greatest freedom, however I did get some stares and smart comments from alot of people about the rationale behind why I was doing what I was. One lady at a traffic light I stopped at was huddled under her brolly and just shock her head and uttered something like ‘Bloody mad’ before I took off again ever closer to the warm shower and cup of tea that awaited me.

No other way to describe than the phrase that Forrest Gump uses - ‘I am running’.

I was running with the earth and at one with the earth – my mind at peace for those 45 minutes. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment